Award of Merit
Medal of Merit
Whitney Young Jr.
Wm. H. Spurgeon
Daniel Carter Beard
This award requires elements of Training, Performance and Tenure:
Complete one year as a registered Webelos den
leader. Dates of service used to earn one key or award cannot be used to
earn another key or award.
- Complete "The New Webelos Den Leader"
Fast Start training.
- Complete basic training for Webelos den
- Complete outdoor training for Webelos den
- Complete Youth Protection training.
- During your tenure for this award, participate
in a Cub Scout leader pow wow or university of Scouting, or attend at
least four roundtables.
Do seven of the following:
- During at least one program year, have a
minimum of 50 percent of the Webelos Scouts in your den advance in
rank (Webelos badge or Arrow of Light Award).
- At least once, register a minimum of 75 percent
of the eligible members of your den as part of pack rechartering.
- Graduate a minimum of 60 percent of the
eligible members of your Webelos den into Boy Scouting.
- Have an assistant den leader or second adult
who regularly attends your den's meetings and activities.
- Have a den chief who regularly meets with your
- Take leadership in planning and conducting two
Webelos overnight campouts or other outdoor den activities each year.
- Assist in planning and conducting a Webelos
den/Boy Scout troop joint activity.
- Take leadership in planning and conducting a
Webelos den service project.
- Conduct at least three Webelos den meetings per
month, nine months per year, or follow an optional plan approved by
- Participate with your den in a Webelos day camp
or resident camp experience.
- Explore three Ethics in Action activities with
your den members in one year.
- Hold regular den meetings and den activity
planning sessions with your assistant den leader.
Return to the top of the page
ScoutingBSA.org web site is a
volunteer effort. Suggestions for improving the site are
welcome! Please share your comments with us using our
Problem reports may be sent to the
Webmaster. Our goal is to improve communications and to
advance Scouting in Minnesota.
Thank you for your input!