This award requires elements of Training, Performance and Tenure:
Complete two years as a registered den leader
coach. Dates of service used to earn one key or award cannot be used to
earn another key or award.
- Complete "The New Den Leader" or
"The New Webelos Leader Fast Start training
- Complete basic training for Cub Scout den
leaders or Webelos den leaders.
- Complete Youth Protection training.
- Complete the Den Leader Coach Seminar.
- During each year of tenure for this award,
participate in a Cub Scout leader pow wow or university of Scouting,
or attend at least four roundtables.
Do three of the following:
- At least once, serve as a den leader coach in a
pack that earns the national Quality Unit Award.
- Ensure that 100 percent of your active den
leaders have completed Fast Start training for their positions.
- Ensure that 75 percent of your active den
leaders have completed basic training for their positions.
- Conduct a planning workshop meeting of your den
leaders, either separately or in conjunction with pack leader planning
Return to the top of the page
ScoutingBSA.org web site is a
legacy site of the Viking Council BSA, now Northern Star Council.
This site was the original council site and was active from 1996 to
2002 and run by volunteers. As the web became more important to
Scouting, the council took over with paid staff. This site is no
longer maintained but is an interesting snapshot of an early Scouting
web site. You can share your comments
on-line form or
send a message to the
Webmaster. Thank you