Youth Ministries Group
To earn the Bronze Award for
YOUTH MINISTRIES activities, do nine of the following:
- Earn your denomination's Venturing-age religious
- Learn about cultural diversity.
- Make a presentation or tabletop display
using the information you
learned in (a) above.
- Invite someone from a different
cultural background from yours and the majority of your crew's
members to give a presentation on a subject of his or her
choosing. Introduce your guest.
- Participate in a discussion about
cultural diversity with your crew, Sunday school class, or
- Plan and lead a service project such as
helping to build a Habitat for Humanity house, participating in a
community cleanup project, or taking on a fix-up project for a
nursing home or nursery.
- Do these three items:
- Serve as a volunteer in your church or
synagogue or other nonprofit organization for at least three
- Keep a personal journal of your
experiences each time you worked as a volunteer.
- After you have served as a volunteer
for at least three months, share your experiences and how you
feel about your service with others.
- Go on a religious retreat or religious trek
lasting at least two days.
- Produce or be a cast member in some type of
entertainment production with a religious or ethical theme, such
as a play, a puppet show, or concert for a group such as a play, a
puppet show, or concert for a group such as a children's group,
retirement home, homeless shelter, or Cub Scout or Boy Scout
- Serve as president, leader, or officer of
your Sunday school class or
- Complete a Standard First Aid course or
higher course or its equivalent.
- Participate in at least two Ethical
Controversies activities as a participant.
- Be a facilitator for at least two
Ethical Controversies activities for your crew, another crew,
your school class, a Boy Scout troop, or another group.
- Lead or be a staff member putting on an
Ethics Forum for your crew, your church or synagogue, or your
- Serve as a Sunday school teacher or
assistant for a children's Sunday school class for at least three
months, or as a volunteer for a church/synagogue children's
activity such as vacation Bible school. (This must be
different than requirement 4 above.)
- Meet with your church or synagogue
minister/rabbi/leader to find out what he or she does, what they
had to do to become your leader, and what they think is the most
important element of their job.
[Activities or projects that are more
available in your area may be substituted with your Advisor's
approval for activities shown above.]
to Bronze Award