LAKE MINNETONKA DISTRICT
2003 PINEWOOD DERBY RULES
Note: No rules are perfect or will satisfy everyone. These rules are published in order to give all Packs and participants an "up-front" opportunity to know what standards will be applied at the District level. These are the Official rules that have been distributed to each Unit at the monthly Roundtable. Print an official copy of these rules.
No other after market parts allowed. Among other things, this rule means that the
OFFICIAL WHEELS AND AXLES MUST BE USED without modifications. NO EXECPTIONS!
OTHER REASONS FOR DISQUALIFICATIONS:
OFFICIAL RACING SPECIFICATIONS:
1. WIDTH: Overall width shall not exceed 2-3/4 inches.
2. LENGTH: Overall length shall not exceed 7 inches.
3. HEIGHT: Overall height shall not exceed 2-5/8 inches (To go under electronic finish line)
4. WEIGHT: Weight shall not exceed 5 ounces. All cars weighed by a District scale. No loose materials of any kind are permitted in the car. The car may be hollowed out and built up to the maximum weight by addition of wood, metal, or plastic provided it is securely built into the body.
5. WHEELBASE: Overall wheelbase shall not change from what is provided with kit #1622.
6. WHEELS/BEARINGS: Wheels and plated pins (axles) of the type supplied with the Official Car Kit MUST be used. NO SUBSTITUTIONS. The wheelbase (distance between the axles) is not to be changed. Washers and bushings are prohibited. No changes to the shape of the wheels are allowed EXCEPT removal of the seam as shown in the kit instructions. This means no tapering, grooving, grinding, ridging, or turning down, etc.
7. SPRINGING: Cars shall not ride on any type of springs or suspension.
8. DETAILS: Details such as steering wheel, driver, decals, painting, and interior details are permissible as long as those details do not exceed the maximum length, width, height, or weight specifications.
9. ATTACHMENTS: The car must be free wheeling with no starting devices.
10. INSPECTION: Each car must pass inspection by the Official Inspection Committee before it may compete. The Inspectors have the right to disqualify those cars that do not meet these specifications.
11. No car from a previous year may race this year.
THE DECISIONS OF THE
Last Update February 11, 2004