||The "Quality District" is the standard by
which the effectiveness in delivering a quality Scouting program and
operation is measured.
A National Quality
District must achieve six of eight
measured objectives to qualify.
- More than 60% percent of total units in the District have achieved the Quality
- Record 2% percent gain in traditional units and a net gain in
- Record balanced membership growth in total Cub Scouts, total Boy
Scouts/Varsity Scouts, and total Ventures, with a gain in total
membership, or record a 2% percent gain in total Cub Scout, Boy
Scout/Varsity Scout, and Venturers.
- Achieve finance goals (F.O.S) set by the Council.
- Provide ratio of one unit commissioner for every three units
improve the ratio over prior year.
- Achieve on-time unit re-registration goals
- Each position in the District structure is filled with a
registered and active volunteer.
- Hold a conference with the head of each chartered organization
ScoutingBSA.org web site is a
legacy site of the Viking Council BSA, now Northern Star Council.
This site was the original council site and was active from 1996 to
2002 and run by volunteers. As the web became more important to
Scouting, the council took over with paid staff. This site is no
longer maintained but is an interesting snapshot of an early Scouting
web site. You can share your comments
on-line form or
send a message to the
Webmaster. Thank you